With the exception of the cancellations listed below, the attached contains a list of Livery Bases that are current in their payments and are active as members of the Livery Fund as of December 6, 2017
The below is a list of Bases that have failed to pay their premiums to Hereford Insurance Company, the carrier for the NYILDBF, or are non-compliant with the Fund's reporting requirements. Payment was not made by the due date of 10/15/17. Notice of cancellation was sent on 9/30/17. Since payment is not made by 10/15/17, your membership has been cancelled as of 10/15/17. Notice of payments due and cancellations have been sent to these Bases in accordance with the law. Unless these Bases pay their premiums immediately and/or comply with the necessary reporting requirements, they will be in violation of the law. These Bases will be subject to stop work orders issued by the Worker's Compensation Law and suspension of their Base license by the NYC Taxi and Limousine Commission. Additionally, uninsured Bases will be subject to penalties imposed by the Workers' Compensation Board as per Section 160-hhh(f) of the Executive Law.
Sectionn160-hhh(4) of the New York State Executive Law, Article 6-G provides the following penalties for failure of an Independent Livery Base to timely pay its insurance premiums:
If an independent livery base fails to submit to the independent livery driver benefit fund any required charge, the workers' compensation board or local taxi and limousine commission may order that it pay into the fund, upon application of the fund and following notice to the independent livery base
- the amount overdue plus interest on such amount, and/or
- a penalty of up to five hundred dollars for each thirty days after notice is given that the payment is overdue. The workers' compensation board or local taxi and limousine commission may suspend or revoke such livery base's authorization to act as an independent livery base for failure to make such payment.The rate of interest applicable to this subdivision shall be twelve percent per annum. Any monetary penalty imposed pursuant to this subdivision shall be retained by the workers' compensation board and be used to defray the costs of administering this article.
Sectionn160-hhh(d) of the New York State Executive Law, Article 6-G provides the following penalties for failure of an Independent Livery Base to timely pay its insurance premiums:
The responsible persons of an independent livery base shall be personally liable for the amount of any monetary penalties awarded pursuant to this subdivision. "Responsible persons," for purposes of this subdivision, shall be:
- the directors of a livery base that is a corporation;
- the managers of a livery base that is a limited liability company or its members if management of a livery base is vested in its members;
- the general partner or partners of a livery base that is a partnership;
- all individuals who directly or indirectly own, control or hold the power to vote ten percent or more of the voting interests of any corporation, joint stock company, partnership, association, trust, limited liability company or similar entity that manages a livery base; and
- the president, secretary and treasurer of a livery base, regardless of its form of organization.